The Vermont House and Senate Committees on Appropriations are seeking public input on the Governor’s Recommended FY 2021 State Budget and will hold community-based public hearings on Monday, February 10, 2020, 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. at the following locations:
- Barre City: Downstreet Housing and Community Development, 22 Keith Ave, Suite 100
- Morrisville: People’s Academy High School, Auditorium, top of Copley Avenue
- Rutland City: Rutland Public Schools, Longfellow School Building, Board Room
- St. Johnsbury: St. Johnsbury House, main dining room, 1207 Main St.
- St. Albans City: St. Albans City School, Library, 29 Bellows Street
- Winooski: Vermont Student Assistance Corporation (VSAC), 10 East Allen Street (follow the signs when entering the building)
- Springfield: Springfield Town Hall, 96 Main Street, 3rd floor Conference Room (Selectmen’s Hall) [5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.]
The Committees will take testimony on the Governor’s recommended State budget at the above date and times. Anyone interested in testifying should come to one of the hearings. Time limits on testimony may apply depending on volume of participants. If you have a story you would like to share privately with the committee members, please contact Theresa to schedule this at the end of one of the hearings.
To view the proposed budget, available after 2:00 p.m. on January 21, go to the Department of Finance and Management’s website or by clicking HERE.
For more information about the format of these events, contact Theresa Utton-Jerman or Rebecca Buck at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, or call 802-828-5767 or toll-free within Vermont at 1-800-322-5616. Written testimony can be submitted electronically to Theresa or Rebecca through e-mail or mailed to the House and Senate Committees on Appropriations, 115 State Street, Montpelier, VT, 05633. Requests for interpreters should be made by Monday, January 27, 2020.