WORK AT RAD
Rights & Democracy is a member-led, people's organization in Vermont and New Hampshire. Our mission is to shift the political landscape through electoral and community organizing to ensure that the values and needs of our communities guide the policies of our government. We are doing this by building a popular movement to advance human rights, dismantle economic inequality, racism, and sexism, and to build a real democracy.
Here are our current job openings.
OPERATIONS SPECIALIST – PART TIME
Rights & Democracy’s Operations Specialist is a part-time (15-20 hours per week) position based in Chittenden County, Vermont. The Operations Specialist will need advanced skills in Microsoft Office and at least two years of experience with Quickbooks. The Specialist will possess an usually high level of attention to detailed accounting work. The Specialist will report to the Director of Operations.
Full charge bookkeeping consisting of invoice coding, data entry, and journal entries.
- Account reconciliations
- Accounts payable and accounts receivable management
- Filing, scanning documents and record management
- Records numerical and financial data to produce financial records.
- Ensures accuracy of financial data entered
- Enters journal entries to Quickbooks from RAD’s PEX debit accounts
- Reviews and clean up of Quickbooks files, including preparing adjusting journal entries
- Generates accounting and audit reports for various financial records
- The position may require additional project work as the need arises.
Experience and capacities needed:
- Quickbooks Online, Microsoft Excel and Google products proficiency required
- Access to a smartphone, laptop and internet
- Goal-oriented and willingness to hold self accountable
- Excellent personal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to work quickly and cooperatively under pressure and meet deadlines
- Energetic outlook and commitment to the mission and grassroots approach to change
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of professional accounting and bookkeeping practices
- Readily detect mistakes and omissions in an efficient and timely manner
- Candidates for this position should have two or more years of relevant professional experience working with Quickbooks and accounting.
- A team orientation that combines collegiality and creativity to drive and motivate others
- It is critical that all applicants have the ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures.
- Experience working with affiliated 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) organizations
- Interest in supporting grassroots political movements and alignment with RAD values
TO APPLY: Send a resume and cover letter explaining your interest to Hilary Viens at email@example.com. Please include the words “Operations Specialist” in the subject of your email. The wage range for this position is $25.46/hour to $29.51/hour.
Rights & Democracy is an equal opportunity employer. Rights & Democracy does not discriminate against or tolerate harassment of any employee because of race, color, gender identity, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, any other basis prohibited by law, or protected activity under the anti-discrimination statutes.
We believe rights and democracy are won when people come together to make their voice heard. Join Rights & Democracy a become a part of making positive change in our community!
Rights & Democracy is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to equity and inclusion. Core to our work in an understanding of the multiple and intersecting ways in which society is constructed to disadvantage and marginalize people of color, LGBTQ people, immigrants, indigenous peoples, women, low-income people, people with disabilities, previously incarcerated people, and others. We believe that underrepresented and marginalized communities must be centered in the work that we do and we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or from these communities.
Rights & Democracy does not discriminate against or tolerate harassment of any employee because of race, color, gender identity, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, any other basis prohibited by law, or protected activity under the anti-discrimination statutes.