Job Description: NH Grassroots Organizer (Project Staff)
Rights & Democracy (RAD)’s NH Grassroots Organizer is a project staff position based out of New Hampshire and reports to the NH State Director to work on our Grassroots Democracy Initiative and build the organization. This is a 4-6 month position, with the opportunity for extension and growth within the organization depending on the candidate's strengths, experience and performance on staff
- Work with NH State Director to implement organizing program and successful grassroots campaigns to win issue fights. In 2018, this will center on the Grassroots Democracy Initiative.
- Support strong membership communications to engage in issue fights, advance our mission and build democratic base.
- Conduct 1-on-1 organizing meetings with prospective leaders and develop plans with emerging leaders for their growth in the organization and public arena.
- Meet daily/weekly/monthly reporting and data entry deadlines.
- Ensure strong/accurate data collection in NationBuilder and assist in member communications.
- Develop RAD NH student leaders, create a RAD NH student network and support any RAD NH interns/organizing fellows.
- Identify potential strategic partnerships with labor and community-based organizations and allies for movement building.
- Identify potential dues paying members of RAD NH and make regular small-dollar donor asks for leaders to invest in the organization. This includes participating in any and all fundraising campaigns that RAD NH conducts.
Experience and capacities needed:
- Political campaign experience in support of an issue, initiative, or candidate campaign
- Experience using NGP VAN/VoteBuilder
- Microsoft Excel proficiency
- Goal-orientation and willingness to hold self accountable
- Excellent personal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to work quickly and cooperatively under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work well with coalitions and the staff and leadership of allied organizations
- Energetic outlook and commitment to the mission and grassroots approach to change
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work long hours including nights and weekends on a regular basis
- A team orientation that combines collegiality and creativity to drive and motivate others
- Candidates for this position should have one or more years of relevant professional experience.
RAD is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and actively recruits people of color, women, individuals with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community.
Please send cover letter, resume and three references to james @ radvt.org