MAY 11th, 6:30-7:30pm
Join a LIVE webinar with VT Lt. Governor David Zuckerman, Phil Fiermonte (Senator Bernie Sanders' State Director), Senator Debbie Ingram, Representative Kiah Morris, Representative Selene Colburn, Laurel Wales, Isaac Grimm, and Alison Nihart.
The movement that Bernie inspired across the country we must continue to organize not only around issues, and not only in reaction to Trump's attacks. We must organize to build the necessary power to make our values reflected in our policies.
If we are serious about building power and affecting change we must have an electoral strategy, at all levels, building and training our members to run for office.
It's easy! Complete the registration form to receive a link and instructions on how to join on the day. You can participate from anywhere with an internet connection -- so register today!
6:30-6:40 - Laurel Wales (Deputy Director of Movement Politics with People’s Action)
“Bringing the movement into elections - How we build a transformative campaigns and build power for the 99%
6:40-6:45 - Phil Friermonte (State Director, Office of Senator Bernie Sanders)
- “The importance of running for office on a bold platform at all levels”
6:45-6:55 - David Zuckerman (Lt. Governor of Vermont)
- “How to run for office, and govern, like a community organizer”
6:55-7:00 - Selene Colburn (Progressive Burlington City Councilor and State Representative)
- “Running for local v. statewide office, the role of a 3rd party in pushing for change”
7:00-7:05 - Kiah Morris (Democratic Bennington State Representative)
- “Vermont’s progressive reputation v. the reality, the role of Democrats in pushing for change”
7:05-7:10 - Debbie Ingram (Chittenden County Senator/Vermont Interfaith Action Director)
- “Legislating and organizing for a moral economy”
7:10-7:13- Alison Nihart (RAD members/Mari Cordes’ campaign managers)
- “Supporting a local progressive race as a volunteer campaign manager”
7:13-7:18 - Isaac Grimm (Political Engagement Director with Rights & Democracy)
- “Connecting our national movement to the local, upcoming trainings and key events”
7:18-7:30 - Questions from participants